Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

New Haven County

  •   State: 
    Connecticut
      County: 
    New Haven County
      Zips: 
    06487
    06493
    06495
    06530
    06487
    06720
    06722
    06501
    06504
    06721
    06525
    06520
    06513
    06710
    06403
    06512
    06472
    06524
    06471
    06712
    06461
    06515
    06517
    06478
    06525
    06418
    06762
    06483
    06704
    06706
    06513
    06716
    06702
    06401
    06512
    06451
    06519
    06705
    06477
    06443
    06770
    06514
    06488
    06518
    06708
    06450
    06410
    06437
    06516
    06473
    06510
    06405
    06492
    06511
    06460
      Area total: 
    862.07 sq. mi., 2232.76 sq. km, 551726.72 acres
      Area land: 
    604.51 sq. mi., 1565.68 sq. km, 386888.96 acres
      Area water: 
    257.56 sq. mi., 667.07 sq. km, 164837.76 acres
      Established: 
    1666
      Capital seat: 

    County government was abolished in Connecticut in 1960. Therefore, like all eight Connecticut counties, there is no county government or county seat.

  • New Haven County, Connecticut, United States

  •   Household income: 
    $60,447
      Households: 
    104,332
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.80%
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.00%
  • New Haven County's population of Connecticut of 254,957 residents in 1990 has increased 1,05-fold to 268,555 residents after 30 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.33% female residents and 49.67% male residents live in as of 2020, 57.63% in New Haven County, Connecticut are married and the remaining 42.37% are single population.

    As of 2020, 57.63% in New Haven County, Connecticut are married and the remaining 42.37% are single population.

  • 25.3 minutes is the average time that residents in New Haven County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.60% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.68% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 3.12% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.50% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in New Haven County, Connecticut 59.65% are owner-occupied homes, another 34.03% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.32% are vacant.

  • The 51.45% of the population in New Haven County, Connecticut who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 37.780%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 61.010%) of those eligible to vote in New Haven County, Connecticut.

Skyline of New Haven County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2538 Companies
544 Counties
1186 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Giant Interactive LLC

133 W 19th St 3rd floor, New York, NY 10011

Proforma Info Pros

1227 25th/Rosenberg St, Galveston, TX 77550

Magnolia Visual Media

5825 SW 87th Ave, Cooper City, FL 33328

Barrett Creative

6700 Florida Ave S STE 30, Lakeland, FL 33813

TopVu Media

101 W Edison Ave Suite 258, Appleton, WI 54915

Other Companies

Flatscreen Productions

321 East 100 South Street, Manti, UT 84642

MediaOne Studios

333 Broadway 3rd floor, San Francisco, CA 94133

Sadler Productions Inc

1170 Barksdale Blvd, Bossier City, LA 71111

Tiburon Transmedia

12816 Staton Dr, Austin, TX 78727

Sargent Production Services

2 Hadley Dr, Nashua, NH 03062

Landscape of Connecticut