Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Jackson County

  •   State: 
    Indiana
      County: 
    Jackson County
      Zips: 
    47249
    47228
    47264
    47235
    47260
    47281
    47229
    47220
    47274
      Coordinates: 
    38.906417525860576, -86.03754141465981
      Area total: 
    513.91 sq. mi., 1331.01 sq. km, 328899.84 acres
      Area land: 
    509.97 sq. mi., 1320.83 sq. km, 326383.36 acres
      Area water: 
    3.93 sq. mi., 10.18 sq. km, 2516.48 acres
      Established: 
    1815
      Capital seat: 

    Brownstown
    Address: 220 E. Walnut St.
    Brownstown, IN
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Jackson County, Indiana, United States

  •   Population: 
    46,428; Population change: 9.56% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    91 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $46,730
      Households: 
    11,906
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.20% per 23,066 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    4.20%
      GDP: 
    $2.26 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Jackson County's population of Indiana of 13,388 residents in 1930 has increased 2,46-fold to 32,918 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.28% female residents and 49.72% male residents live in as of 2020, 65.53% in Jackson County, Indiana are married and the remaining 34.47% are single population.

    As of 2020, 65.53% in Jackson County, Indiana are married and the remaining 34.47% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    19,069 residential units of which 93.39% share occupied residential units.

    23 minutes is the average time that residents in Jackson County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.76% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.37% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.38% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.91% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Jackson County, Indiana 68.46% are owner-occupied homes, another 23.96% are rented apartments, and the remaining 7.59% are vacant.

  • The 55.00% of the population in Jackson County, Indiana who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 55.980%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 42.330%) of those eligible to vote in Jackson County, Indiana.

Skyline of Jackson County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2538 Companies
544 Counties
1186 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Giant Interactive LLC

133 W 19th St 3rd floor, New York, NY 10011

Proforma Info Pros

1227 25th/Rosenberg St, Galveston, TX 77550

Magnolia Visual Media

5825 SW 87th Ave, Cooper City, FL 33328

Barrett Creative

6700 Florida Ave S STE 30, Lakeland, FL 33813

TopVu Media

101 W Edison Ave Suite 258, Appleton, WI 54915

Other Companies

In The Flicker

820 N River St UNIT 202, Portland, OR 97227

Instant Karma Films Corporation

21407 Colina Dr, Topanga, CA 90290

Six One Seven Studios

25 Kenwood Cir, Franklin, MA 02038

Hard Knock Cinema

1920 E Hallandale Beach Blvd, Hallandale Beach, FL 33009

Mjm Film & Video

12700 Century Dr # D, Alpharetta, GA 30009

Landscape of Indiana