Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Fayette County

  •   State: 
    Iowa
      County: 
    Fayette County
      Zips: 
    52164
    50664
    52166
    52169
    50681
    50606
    50655
    52147
    52135
    52171
    52141
    52142
    52175
    50662
      Coordinates: 
    42.862596118141134, -91.84432447936746
      Area total: 
    731.34 sq. mi., 1894.16 sq. km, 468057.60 acres
      Area land: 
    730.83 sq. mi., 1892.84 sq. km, 467731.20 acres
      Area water: 
    0.51 sq. mi., 1.32 sq. km, 326.40 acres
      Established: 
    1837
      Capital seat: 

    West Union
    Address: PO BOX 267
    West Union, IA 52175-0267
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Fayette County, Iowa, United States

  •   Population: 
    19,509; Population change: -6.57% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    27 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $40,176
      Households: 
    6,674
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.50% per 10,299 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    8.98%
      GDP: 
    $779.28 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Fayette County's population of Iowa of 19,524 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,8-fold to 15,627 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.14% female residents and 48.86% male residents live in as of 2020, 63.03% in Fayette County, Iowa are married and the remaining 36.97% are single population.

    As of 2020, 63.03% in Fayette County, Iowa are married and the remaining 36.97% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    9,298 residential units of which 87.91% share occupied residential units.

    19.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Fayette County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    73.68% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.60% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.11% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 9.25% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Fayette County, Iowa 65.34% are owner-occupied homes, another 20.91% are rented apartments, and the remaining 13.74% are vacant.

  • The 72.52% of the population in Fayette County, Iowa who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 40.980%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 57.570%) of those eligible to vote in Fayette County, Iowa.

Skyline of Fayette County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2538 Companies
544 Counties
1186 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Giant Interactive LLC

133 W 19th St 3rd floor, New York, NY 10011

Proforma Info Pros

1227 25th/Rosenberg St, Galveston, TX 77550

Magnolia Visual Media

5825 SW 87th Ave, Cooper City, FL 33328

Barrett Creative

6700 Florida Ave S STE 30, Lakeland, FL 33813

TopVu Media

101 W Edison Ave Suite 258, Appleton, WI 54915

Other Companies

Out the Window Advertising

1016 W University Ave #205, Flagstaff, AZ 86001

Charles Belvin Productions

502 N Adams St, Tallahassee, FL 32301

Embark Films

116 Pleasant St, Easthampton, Massachusetts 01027

Tbones Hydrographics Hydrodipping

1112 Avenue N, Levelland, TX 79336

Yancy Simon LLC

1229 Main St Suite 104, Philomath, OR 97370

Landscape of Iowa