Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Kennebec County

  •   State: 
    Maine
      County: 
    Kennebec County
      Zips: 
    04926
    04935
    04343
    04926
    04359
    04903
    04962
    04360
    04332
    04918
    04349
    04284
    04265
    04333
    04345
    04358
    04352
    04346
    04927
    04363
    04910
    04350
    04330
    04901
    04355
    04358
    04330
    04917
    04345
    04989
    04259
    04351
    04344
    04901
    04347
    04963
    04345
    04364
    04901
    04330
      Coordinates: 
    44.40916027747832, -69.76726429283953
      Area total: 
    951.17 sq. mi., 2463.53 sq. km, 608751.36 acres
      Area land: 
    867.47 sq. mi., 2246.73 sq. km, 555180.16 acres
      Area water: 
    83.71 sq. mi., 216.80 sq. km, 53571.20 acres
      Established: 
    1799
      Capital seat: 

    Augusta
    Address: 125 State Street
    Commissioners Office
    Augusta, ME
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Kennebec County, Maine, United States

  •   Population: 
    123,642; Population change: 1.22% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    143 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $44,517
      Households: 
    50,893
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.00% per 61,376 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    5.00%
      Income taxes: 
    8.50%
      GDP: 
    $5.24 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Kennebec County's population of Maine of 70,691 residents in 1930 has increased 1,75-fold to 123,642 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.41% female residents and 48.59% male residents live in as of 2020, 57.11% in Kennebec County, Maine are married and the remaining 42.89% are single population.

    As of 2020, 57.11% in Kennebec County, Maine are married and the remaining 42.89% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    62,607 residential units of which 85.01% share occupied residential units.

    24.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Kennebec County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    79.53% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.30% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.72% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.25% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Kennebec County, Maine 60.55% are owner-occupied homes, another 23.57% are rented apartments, and the remaining 15.87% are vacant.

  • The 33.39% of the population in Kennebec County, Maine who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 41.650%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 56.430%) of those eligible to vote in Kennebec County, Maine.

Skyline of Kennebec County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2538 Companies
544 Counties
1186 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Giant Interactive LLC

133 W 19th St 3rd floor, New York, NY 10011

Proforma Info Pros

1227 25th/Rosenberg St, Galveston, TX 77550

Magnolia Visual Media

5825 SW 87th Ave, Cooper City, FL 33328

Barrett Creative

6700 Florida Ave S STE 30, Lakeland, FL 33813

TopVu Media

101 W Edison Ave Suite 258, Appleton, WI 54915

Other Companies

Virginia Lee Burton

22 Raven Ln, Gloucester, MA 01930

Water Hill Creative

300 N 5th Ave #245, Ann Arbor, MI 48104

Tim Frakes Productions Inc

2S S Park Ave #2c, Lombard, IL 60148

Simba Productions

115 W 29th St #605, New York, NY 10001

C & B Electronics & Small Appliance

1751 Clinton St, Buffalo, NY 14206

Landscape of Maine