Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

York County

  •   State: 
    Maine
      County: 
    York County
      Zips: 
    04028
    04014
    04014
    04004
    04094
    04006
    04056
    04054
    04063
    03911
    03910
    04095
    04061
    04005
    04001
    04047
    03905
    03902
    04049
    04076
    04087
    04030
    04048
    04020
    04002
    04042
    04002
    04027
    03906
    03901
    04083
    04046
    04093
    03908
    03903
    03907
    04046
    04064
    03904
    04090
    04073
    03909
    04043
    04072
    04005
      Coordinates: 
    43.42922586293025, -70.67014648910632
      Area total: 
    1269.71 sq. mi., 3288.53 sq. km, 812614.40 acres
      Area land: 
    991.08 sq. mi., 2566.87 sq. km, 634288.64 acres
      Area water: 
    278.63 sq. mi., 721.66 sq. km, 178325.76 acres
      Established: 
    1636
      Capital seat: 

    Alfred
    Address: 149 Jordan Springs Road
    Alfred, ME
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • York County, Maine, United States

  •   Population: 
    211,972; Population change: 7.53% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    214 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $53,519
      Households: 
    82,125
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.40% per 110,884 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    5.00%
      Income taxes: 
    8.50%
      GDP: 
    $7.46 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • York County's population of Maine of 72,934 residents in 1930 has increased 2,91-fold to 211,972 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.24% female residents and 48.76% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.28% in York County, Maine are married and the remaining 39.72% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.28% in York County, Maine are married and the remaining 39.72% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    112,198 residential units of which 79.26% share occupied residential units.

    27.8 minutes is the average time that residents in York County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.04% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.84% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.73% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.93% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in York County, Maine 57.42% are owner-occupied homes, another 20.81% are rented apartments, and the remaining 21.76% are vacant.

  • The 36.01% of the population in York County, Maine who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 38.830%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 59.360%) of those eligible to vote in York County, Maine.

Skyline of York County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2538 Companies
544 Counties
1186 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Giant Interactive LLC

133 W 19th St 3rd floor, New York, NY 10011

Proforma Info Pros

1227 25th/Rosenberg St, Galveston, TX 77550

Magnolia Visual Media

5825 SW 87th Ave, Cooper City, FL 33328

Barrett Creative

6700 Florida Ave S STE 30, Lakeland, FL 33813

TopVu Media

101 W Edison Ave Suite 258, Appleton, WI 54915

Other Companies

Guillotine Post

229 Bradberry St SW, Atlanta, GA 30313

Liz Lang Production

2711 N Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266

Compost Productions Studio

10707 Magnolia Blvd, North Hollywood, CA 91601

Sole Icon Productions

8981 Sunset Blvd # 306, West Hollywood, CA 90069

Cheeney Media Concepts

316 Moores River Dr, Lansing, MI 48910

Landscape of Maine