Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Kalamazoo County

  •   State: 
    Michigan
      County: 
    Kalamazoo County
      Zips: 
    49053
    49005
    49019
    49004
    49048
    49009
    49003
    49041
    49081
    49052
    49077
    49004
    49088
    49034
    49012
    49053
    49087
    49004
    49083
    49097
    49006
    49008
    49001
    49048
    49024
    49002
    49007
    49009
      Coordinates: 
    42.2454540060221, -85.5311844978007
      Area total: 
    580.30 sq. mi., 1502.97 sq. km, 371390.72 acres
      Area land: 
    561.98 sq. mi., 1455.52 sq. km, 359667.84 acres
      Area water: 
    18.32 sq. mi., 47.44 sq. km, 11722.88 acres
      Established: 
    1829
      Capital seat: 

    Kalamazoo
    Address: 201 W Kalamazoo Ave
    Kalamazoo, MI 49007-3726
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 11 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Kalamazoo County, Michigan, United States

  •   Population: 
    261,670; Population change: 4.53% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    466 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $45,444
      Households: 
    99,142
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.20% per 131,618 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    4.35%
      GDP: 
    $12.82 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Kalamazoo County's population of Michigan of 91,368 residents in 1930 has increased 2,86-fold to 261,670 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.30% female residents and 48.70% male residents live in as of 2020, 54.13% in Kalamazoo County, Michigan are married and the remaining 45.87% are single population.

    As of 2020, 54.13% in Kalamazoo County, Michigan are married and the remaining 45.87% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    114,021 residential units of which 93.76% share occupied residential units.

    21.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Kalamazoo County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.99% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 8.75% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.21% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.15% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Kalamazoo County, Michigan 61.47% are owner-occupied homes, another 31.00% are rented apartments, and the remaining 7.54% are vacant.

  • The 33.94% of the population in Kalamazoo County, Michigan who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 39.420%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 58.920%) of those eligible to vote in Kalamazoo County, Michigan.

Skyline of Kalamazoo County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2538 Companies
544 Counties
1186 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Giant Interactive LLC

133 W 19th St 3rd floor, New York, NY 10011

Proforma Info Pros

1227 25th/Rosenberg St, Galveston, TX 77550

Magnolia Visual Media

5825 SW 87th Ave, Cooper City, FL 33328

Barrett Creative

6700 Florida Ave S STE 30, Lakeland, FL 33813

TopVu Media

101 W Edison Ave Suite 258, Appleton, WI 54915

Other Companies

Chicago Scanning

1700 W Cortland St Suite 201, Chicago, IL 60622

Sly Dog Productions

14460 E 9 Mile Rd, Warren, MI 48089

LDM Worldwide

17147 Vashon Hwy SW, Vashon, WA 98070

Star Video Duplicating

7100 N Mockingbird Ln, Scottsdale, Arizona 85253

Certified Court Reporters

3827 Travis St, Dallas, TX 75204

Landscape of Michigan