Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Dauphin County

  •   State: 
    Pennsylvania
      County: 
    Dauphin County
      Zips: 
    17126
    17177
    17107
    17124
    17125
    17128
    17105
    17121
    17106
    17108
    17097
    17103
    17080
    17112
    17005
    17112
    17112
    17030
    17098
    17113
    17120
    17034
    17018
    17048
    17028
    17023
    17113
    17032
    17061
    17103
    17102
    17104
    17057
    17036
    17101
    17109
    17033
    17111
    17112
    17110
      Coordinates: 
    40.415443403523255, -76.7794570573318
      Area total: 
    558.18 sq. mi., 1445.67 sq. km, 357232.00 acres
      Area land: 
    524.89 sq. mi., 1359.46 sq. km, 335928.96 acres
      Area water: 
    33.29 sq. mi., 86.21 sq. km, 21303.04 acres
      Established: 
    1785
      Capital seat: 

    Harrisburg
    Address: PO BOX 1295
    County Courthouse
    Harrisburg, PA 17108-1295
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, United States

  •   Population: 
    286,401; Population change: 6.83% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    546 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $50,270
      Households: 
    106,473
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.80% per 144,428 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    3.57%
      GDP: 
    $20.90 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Dauphin County's population of Pennsylvania of 165,231 residents in 1930 has increased 1,73-fold to 286,401 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.72% female residents and 48.28% male residents live in as of 2020, 55.79% in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania are married and the remaining 44.21% are single population.

    As of 2020, 55.79% in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania are married and the remaining 44.21% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    126,514 residential units of which 92.29% share occupied residential units.

    23.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Dauphin County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    79.16% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.04% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 2.24% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.69% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania 60.64% are owner-occupied homes, another 30.89% are rented apartments, and the remaining 8.47% are vacant.

  • The 47.17% of the population in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 44.850%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 53.890%) of those eligible to vote in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania.

Skyline of Dauphin County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2538 Companies
544 Counties
1186 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Giant Interactive LLC

133 W 19th St 3rd floor, New York, NY 10011

Proforma Info Pros

1227 25th/Rosenberg St, Galveston, TX 77550

Magnolia Visual Media

5825 SW 87th Ave, Cooper City, FL 33328

Barrett Creative

6700 Florida Ave S STE 30, Lakeland, FL 33813

TopVu Media

101 W Edison Ave Suite 258, Appleton, WI 54915

Other Companies

Atlanta Video Producers

500 Bishop St NW, Atlanta, GA 30318

Zeitbyte

261 W 35th St #304, New York, 10001

Anderson Productions

71 Dolphin Rd, Bristol, CT 06010

F&L Media

2165 San Diego Ave UNIT 204, San Diego, CA 92110

Andrew Greenspan & Associates

Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410

Landscape of Pennsylvania