Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Albemarle County

  •   State: 
    Albemarle County
    38.02289837830574, -78.55667609938745
      Area total: 
    725.96 sq. mi., 1880.24 sq. km, 464616.96 acres
      Area land: 
    720.47 sq. mi., 1866.01 sq. km, 461100.80 acres
      Area water: 
    5.49 sq. mi., 14.23 sq. km, 3516.16 acres
      Capital seat: 

    Address: 401 McIntire Road
    County Courthouse
    Charlottesville, VA 22902-4579
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 6 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Albemarle County, Virginia, United States

  •   Population: 
    112,395; Population change: 13.56% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    156 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.40% per 55,794 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
      Income taxes: 
    $nan, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Albemarle County's population of Virginia of 21,699 residents in 1930 has increased 5,18-fold to 112,395 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.52% female residents and 48.48% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.32% in Albemarle County, Virginia are married and the remaining 38.68% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.32% in Albemarle County, Virginia are married and the remaining 38.68% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    47,291 residential units of which 91.92% share occupied residential units.

    23.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Albemarle County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    79.23% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.74% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.46% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 5.23% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Albemarle County, Virginia 61.56% are owner-occupied homes, another 30.37% are rented apartments, and the remaining 8.07% are vacant.

  • The 28.76% of the population in Albemarle County, Virginia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 40.360%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 58.430%) of those eligible to vote in Albemarle County, Virginia.

Skyline of Albemarle County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2538 Companies
544 Counties
1186 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Giant Interactive LLC

133 W 19th St 3rd floor, New York, NY 10011

Proforma Info Pros

1227 25th/Rosenberg St, Galveston, TX 77550

Magnolia Visual Media

5825 SW 87th Ave, Cooper City, FL 33328

Barrett Creative

6700 Florida Ave S STE 30, Lakeland, FL 33813

TopVu Media

101 W Edison Ave Suite 258, Appleton, WI 54915

Other Companies

Stillmax Media Production Services

421 Grand Concourse #18, Miami Shores, FL 33138


1499 Post Rd, Fairfield, Connecticut 06824

Compass Productions International Inc

151 W 30th St, New York, NY 10001

Azkoul Productions Inc

330 State St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503

The Magic Lantern

5001 Baum Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Landscape of Virginia