Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Hanover County

  •   State: 
    Virginia
      County: 
    Hanover County
      Zips: 
    23162
    23047
    23015
    23069
    23146
    23192
    23116
    23111
    23005
      Coordinates: 
    37.76010099151199, -77.49095463389268
      Area total: 
    472.77 sq. mi., 1224.47 sq. km, 302573.44 acres
      Area land: 
    467.89 sq. mi., 1211.82 sq. km, 299447.04 acres
      Area water: 
    4.89 sq. mi., 12.65 sq. km, 3126.40 acres
      Established: 
    1720
      Capital seat: 

    Hanover
    Address: PO BOX 470
    County Courthouse
    Hanover, VA 23069-0470
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Hanover County, Virginia, United States

  •   Population: 
    109,979; Population change: 10.13% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    235 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $75,615
      Households: 
    36,427
      Unemployment rate: 
    4.80% per 57,934 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    5.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.75%
      GDP: 
    $5.31 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Hanover County's population of Virginia of 17,009 residents in 1930 has increased 6,47-fold to 109,979 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.72% female residents and 49.28% male residents live in as of 2020, 67.13% in Hanover County, Virginia are married and the remaining 32.87% are single population.

    As of 2020, 67.13% in Hanover County, Virginia are married and the remaining 32.87% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    43,184 residential units of which 95.91% share occupied residential units.

    27.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Hanover County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    86.59% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 7.98% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.23% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.31% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Hanover County, Virginia 81.20% are owner-occupied homes, another 14.62% are rented apartments, and the remaining 4.18% are vacant.

  • The 45.68% of the population in Hanover County, Virginia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 66.390%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 32.800%) of those eligible to vote in Hanover County, Virginia.

Skyline of Hanover County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2538 Companies
544 Counties
1186 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Giant Interactive LLC

133 W 19th St 3rd floor, New York, NY 10011

Proforma Info Pros

1227 25th/Rosenberg St, Galveston, TX 77550

Magnolia Visual Media

5825 SW 87th Ave, Cooper City, FL 33328

Barrett Creative

6700 Florida Ave S STE 30, Lakeland, FL 33813

TopVu Media

101 W Edison Ave Suite 258, Appleton, WI 54915

Other Companies

TIMECODE POST

12340 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, California 90025

Ron Schara Enterprises

1000 Boone Ave N #1200, Minneapolis, MN 55427

Tachyon Productions Inc

650 2nd Ave E N, Kalispell, MT 59901

Assignment Desk

73 W Monroe St #218, Chicago, IL 60603

Legal Video Solutions PLC

171 Monroe Ave NW #750, Grand Rapids, MI 49503

Landscape of Virginia