Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Island County

  •   State: 
    Washington
      County: 
    Island County
      Zips: 
    98278
    98253
    98236
    98282
    98249
    98260
    98239
    98277
      Coordinates: 
    48.162897168913354, -122.57526301702941
      Area total: 
    517.33 sq. mi., 1339.86 sq. km, 331088.00 acres
      Area land: 
    208.51 sq. mi., 540.04 sq. km, 133447.68 acres
      Area water: 
    308.81 sq. mi., 799.82 sq. km, 197640.32 acres
      Established: 
    1854
      Capital seat: 

    Coupeville
    Address: PO BOX 5000
    County Courthouse
    Coupeville, WA 98239-5000
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Island County, Washington, United States

  •   Population: 
    86,857; Population change: 10.64% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    417 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $58,191
      Households: 
    32,054
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.30% per 36,303 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.40%
      GDP: 
    $2.87 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Island County's population of Washington of 5,369 residents in 1930 has increased 16,18-fold to 86,857 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.53% female residents and 49.47% male residents live in as of 2020, 66.64% in Island County, Washington are married and the remaining 33.36% are single population.

    As of 2020, 66.64% in Island County, Washington are married and the remaining 33.36% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    41,922 residential units of which 85.68% share occupied residential units.

    30.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Island County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    73.47% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.38% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 2.19% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 5.44% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Island County, Washington 60.28% are owner-occupied homes, another 25.23% are rented apartments, and the remaining 14.50% are vacant.

  • The 23.91% of the population in Island County, Washington who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 46.080%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 52.320%) of those eligible to vote in Island County, Washington.

Skyline of Island County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2538 Companies
544 Counties
1186 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Giant Interactive LLC

133 W 19th St 3rd floor, New York, NY 10011

Proforma Info Pros

1227 25th/Rosenberg St, Galveston, TX 77550

Magnolia Visual Media

5825 SW 87th Ave, Cooper City, FL 33328

Barrett Creative

6700 Florida Ave S STE 30, Lakeland, FL 33813

TopVu Media

101 W Edison Ave Suite 258, Appleton, WI 54915

Other Companies

JHD Productions Ltd

60 Corbin Ave, Bay Shore, NY 11706

Heliotrope Studios Ltd

44 Oak St, Newton Upper Falls, MA 02464

Digivision Productions Inc

621 S Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301

CTM Media Group

515 Marksmen Ct, Fayetteville, GA 30214

Granbury Multimedia

6020 Cholla Dr, Fort Worth, TX 76112

Landscape of Washington