Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Whatcom County

  •   State: 
    Washington
      County: 
    Whatcom County
      Zips: 
    98231
    98227
    98228
    98220
    98276
    98262
    98266
    98240
    98281
    98244
    98295
    98247
    98230
    98264
    98229
    98248
    98226
    98225
      Coordinates: 
    48.829616122006584, -121.87281308528223
      Area total: 
    2504.88 sq. mi., 6487.61 sq. km, 1603122.56 acres
      Area land: 
    2107.88 sq. mi., 5459.37 sq. km, 1349041.28 acres
      Area water: 
    397.00 sq. mi., 1028.23 sq. km, 254081.28 acres
      Established: 
    1854
      Capital seat: 

    Bellingham
    Address: 311 Grand Ave
    County Courthouse
    Bellingham, WA 98225-4048
    Governing Body: County Council with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Whatcom County, Washington, United States

  •   Population: 
    226,847; Population change: 12.78% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    108 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $48,246
      Households: 
    76,263
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.30% per 114,716 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.40%
      GDP: 
    $13.81 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Whatcom County's population of Washington of 59,128 residents in 1930 has increased 3,84-fold to 226,847 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.65% female residents and 49.35% male residents live in as of 2020, 56.05% in Whatcom County, Washington are married and the remaining 43.95% are single population.

    As of 2020, 56.05% in Whatcom County, Washington are married and the remaining 43.95% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    100,064 residential units of which 90.07% share occupied residential units.

    22.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Whatcom County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    76.14% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.66% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.91% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 5.02% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Whatcom County, Washington 54.91% are owner-occupied homes, another 31.37% are rented apartments, and the remaining 13.72% are vacant.

  • The 27.64% of the population in Whatcom County, Washington who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 39.840%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 57.710%) of those eligible to vote in Whatcom County, Washington.

Skyline of Whatcom County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2538 Companies
544 Counties
1186 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Giant Interactive LLC

133 W 19th St 3rd floor, New York, NY 10011

Proforma Info Pros

1227 25th/Rosenberg St, Galveston, TX 77550

Magnolia Visual Media

5825 SW 87th Ave, Cooper City, FL 33328

Barrett Creative

6700 Florida Ave S STE 30, Lakeland, FL 33813

TopVu Media

101 W Edison Ave Suite 258, Appleton, WI 54915

Other Companies

Flying Moose Pictures

76 Hancock St, San Francisco, CA 94114

Hearts Video

2729 Pine Tree Ln a, Clearwater, FL 33761

Run West Productions

3070 Redhaven Way, Highlands Ranch, CO 80126

Dennis Fagan, Still & Moving Pictures

1601 W 38th St #202, Austin, TX 78731

Greathall Productions

Charlottesville, VA 22905

Landscape of Washington