Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Monroe County

  •   State: 
    Wisconsin
      County: 
    Monroe County
      Zips: 
    54649
    54662
    54620
    54656
    54638
    54648
    54670
    54666
    54619
    54656
    54660
      Coordinates: 
    43.94571586744571, -90.61782437574678
      Area total: 
    908.08 sq. mi., 2351.92 sq. km, 581171.20 acres
      Area land: 
    900.90 sq. mi., 2333.33 sq. km, 576578.56 acres
      Area water: 
    7.18 sq. mi., 18.59 sq. km, 4592.64 acres
      Established: 
    1854
      Capital seat: 

    Sparta
    Address: 202 S K St
    County Courthouse
    Sparta, WI 54656-2184
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 16 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Monroe County, Wisconsin, United States

  •   Population: 
    46,274; Population change: 3.58% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    51.4 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $45,596
      Households: 
    16,904
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.50% per 23,363 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    5.50%
      Income taxes: 
    6.75%
      GDP: 
    $2.29 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Monroe County's population of Wisconsin of 28,739 residents in 1930 has increased 1,61-fold to 46,274 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.78% female residents and 50.22% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.93% in Monroe County, Wisconsin are married and the remaining 39.07% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.93% in Monroe County, Wisconsin are married and the remaining 39.07% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    19,769 residential units of which 92.05% share occupied residential units.

    20.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Monroe County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    76.29% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.72% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.28% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 7.10% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Monroe County, Wisconsin 66.57% are owner-occupied homes, another 23.42% are rented apartments, and the remaining 10.01% are vacant.

  • The 58.37% of the population in Monroe County, Wisconsin who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 45.250%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 53.250%) of those eligible to vote in Monroe County, Wisconsin.

Skyline of Monroe County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2538 Companies
544 Counties
1186 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Giant Interactive LLC

133 W 19th St 3rd floor, New York, NY 10011

Proforma Info Pros

1227 25th/Rosenberg St, Galveston, TX 77550

Magnolia Visual Media

5825 SW 87th Ave, Cooper City, FL 33328

Barrett Creative

6700 Florida Ave S STE 30, Lakeland, FL 33813

TopVu Media

101 W Edison Ave Suite 258, Appleton, WI 54915

Other Companies

Always & Forever Video

Russett, MD 20724

STUDIO MOTION FILMS

3910 Middlebrook Pike Keystone Creek B-2, Knoxville, TN 37921

Las Vegas DVD Transfer

3672 Tempe St, Las Vegas, NV 89103

Satellite Inc

1615, 5111 Santa Fe St # F, San Diego, CA 92109

BCN Productions

51 Main St, North Easton, MA 02356

Landscape of Wisconsin